I swore I'd never do a blog, I just didn't have time to post to one and keep it updated, yet, here I am. I am finding myself in uncharted territory. The picture of my family is almost two years old, and time is just melting away. I have had a very crazy last month. One that I will never forget. To begin with, my mom passed away on Father's Day morning. She was surrounded by 4 of her 6 children, and my father. She fought a good fight, and lived a full life. I will forever miss her but, look forward to the time when we will be reunited. I believe she is more involved in my life now that she is gone, then she has been in a long time. You see, she has had alzheimer's for the past 5 years. My father lovingly took care of her the entire illness. What an example to me of enduring love. I have get parents.
One week and one day after the funeral I had a surgery which layed me up for 6 weeks. That's the only reason why I have decided to do a blog. That, and a very good friend talked be into doing one. I am just rambling about my past sad month. Now, on to more interesting things in my life.
I am in the middle of remodeling my kitchen. Hopefully next week I will get my cabinets in, and my granite countertops soon after. Then comes the painting, back splash, and new rugs, curtains, ect. There is always something!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah!! And I even get to be your first commenter. Good Job!!
Yeah Debbie!! And don't worry, we all say the same thing when we start our blogs. Then it becomes an addiction and you will soon be looking for things you can blog about.
I'm glad to hear you're doing well after your month of losing your mom, and your surgery.
Make sure you take pics of your new kitchen so we can all be jealous!
Wow! You are so incredibly busy!! I don't know how you do it all-- but I'm so glad you found time to start a blog on top of it all :) Look forward to reading more....
Post a Comment